Monday 21 December 2009

When it began. A warning to those who know of it.

I think it was November. Winter began to sting the air with it's frosted breath.
I was at the office, taking small pleasure in the sound of the keyboard's percussive ambience. The door opens, followed by the howl of nature. The wind had followed him and got lost in the room somewhere.

It was the first time I'd heard the words. Insignificant by themselves but together somewhat absurd. By knowing them I had no idea the impact it'd have on our lives. How our destiny's where very much apart of it. How the words 'H** M*******" would change everything. For days it haunted us. Flashes in dreams, of ham on faces.

It starts with a burning desire to know what 'it' is. My friends you should run from the very question. Allow your logic to shelter you in ignorant bliss.

He was shaken at the door, the very life blood drained from his face. After minutes of. Short. Sharp. Breathing. He uttered only two words. I wish not to repeat them and you should never disclose them to another. This is a warning. However this warning may cause an unforeseen sequella. It may put into motion the very thing that will doom us. Dissemination of those two words. Assiduously I pursued it. Not realising it's power over me was contingent on my pursuit of it.

Ergo, I did not realise I was becoming a quintessential candidate for 'it'.
He warned me not to pursue it. So I carried out my research surreptitiously. I did not heed his warning. I was audacious, diligent, persistent, unceasing and relentlessly researching it. It consumed me.

Days of pork on my face.

I sensed free falling down the bacon trail. I remained unmitigated. With all the temerity I could muster I asked my friend over coffee. Black Coffee.
What did he know? What was it?

/>

No comments:

Post a Comment